Me in Japan


Dereck   
   Rotary Youth Exchange student Dereck tells all of his trip to Japan for a year. Can you manage to figure out the typos???
Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I finally ordered my bogu name plate thing for kendo!!! Its a little late but I really, really wanted it. I finaly have my name on my armor, well not yet, but I will next week. I just hope I ordered the right kind. I REALLY hope so... I also got a catalog of the pieces at the kendo store that I use. a small bit of bad news, there cheap shinai'S are being discontinued... It will be about 300yen[3$] more for each one.

I'm also making a list of things I need to buy for gifts and getting really for that... AKA: getting money out of the bank and into my pocket.

I didn't plan far enough ahead and can't get my certification in Kendo now, the next test is in August and I leave in early July. Soooo mad I can't get my shou dan. They have 3 tests a year for kendo and one was this month last week.... LAST WEEK!!!!! I missed it by one week only and that makes me madder! I don't know if I could have passed the test anyways though. I don't know what I needed to know. Oh well, I'll call a few dojos and see if any teachers will give special consideration...


3 Comments:

You would have got shodan after a year? That's pretty amazing.

Unfortunately, my dojo is strict and it'll take at least 3 years for me to reach shodan; I have to work from 10kyu upwards, jumping a maximum of 2 grades in one go, and testing is only twice a year.

By Blogger DL, at May 21, 2004 at 10:11 AM  

I'm not very good, but my sensei says I should get the shou dan just becasue I could probly do it and I likely won't have another chance after leaving Japan.

By Blogger Dereck, at May 23, 2004 at 8:35 PM  

Why don't you continue when you go back home? I'm sure there's a dojo somewhere near you.

By Blogger DL, at May 24, 2004 at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Language[Home]

Blog Archives

Picture Navigation

Link Box

I Power Blogger


© Dereck